(Yet another) recommendation for Porschacare Stevenage

Windymiller

Service time of year again (i do at least an annual oil & filter and brake fluid change in between the 2-yearly intervals) and this year was major service, so:

oil & filter (Millers nano-drive)

brake fluid (Motul RBF600)

pollen filter

check and re-oil BMC air filter

spark plugs

aux drive belt

Condition check of all suspension components

condition check of all brake lines /‘pipes (and wax-oiled all accessible ones)

Service & regas of aircon

Lubricate locks

lubricate gear linkages

check lights, levels, pressures

PIWIS fault code interrogation 

6.5 hrs labour

£710 cost

As usual I was very happy with the work and price. 

This year Matt also moves his business into a newly built much larger workshop (at the same location), so it’s great to see his reputation for providing an excellent level of service rewarding him with the success he deserves 👍🏻

https://www.porschacare.com/

Edited by Windymiller
Additions to service list

24 minutes ago, Windymiller said:

Service time of year again (i do at least an annual oil & filter and brake fluid change in between the 2-yearly intervals) and this year was major service, so:

oil & filter

brake fluid

pollen filter

check and re-oil BMC air filter

spark plugs

aux drive belt

Condition check of all suspension components

condition check of all brake lines /‘pipes (and wax-oiled all accessible ones)

regas of aircon

6.5 hrs labour

£710 cost

As usual I was very happy with the work and price. 

This year Matt also moves his business into a newly built much larger workshop (at the same location), so it’s great to see his reputation for providing an excellent level of service rewarding him with the success he deserves 👍🏻

https://www.porschacare.com/

Not horrific that; is it.

I'm an independent user, Diy'er etc too. So not really wholly sure of Main dealership pricing.

But for a major service on what many might perceive to be a "Rich boys toy" - that's ok imo. Especially if the quality of work is top notch 👌

Would be interesting to see / know the cost of a a major service at a Main dealers on a Mini Cooper S for example. Seems every man and his dog has one of those. Bet the two figures aren't poles apart...............

Enjoy !

Aye Syer - our aging Kia Sportage cost about £330 for its major service last year at a local Indy and I paid about the same for its aircon regas last year (£74 incl VAT) as I did for the Caymans this year (£84 incl VAT). 

Matts hourly rate is currently £65ph + VAT which is about half a typical OPC and he only charges the time taken, not the workshop-manual listed time, so if it takes less time (which it generally does) that is all he charges for. 

His rates haven’t gone up in over 3 years so he is considering increasing them slightly for inflation, which I think is fair enough otherwise he’s making less now than he was 3-4yrs ago. I will definitely still use him - his knowledge and passion for Porsche seems vast. 

When I picked mine up yesterday he had a 996T and 997T up on ramps, another 997T and 997 CS and 986 Bx outside and another 4 cars ‘in waiting’ in his newly built (but not quite finished yet) unit. 

And he’s a ~90 mile round trip for me, so takes some time and effort to get to/from (but well worth it 😊)

He gains his customers purely by word of mouth recommendation, and well deserved it is too 👍🏻

Edited by Windymiller
  • Like 1

• 9 months later...

Seen nothing but good stuff to say about this establishment,however I asked about something a couple of months ago and my email was completely ignored.

That’s a shame ,especially as I live ten minutes from there.

9 hours ago, and.rs1800 said:

Seen nothing but good stuff to say about this establishment,however I asked about something a couple of months ago and my email was completely ignored.

I struggle with this: I had a couple of issues with my car when I got it, so I was in touch with two different local garages. Both fantastic work-wise, price-wise and professionalism in-person, but both unreliable responding to emails.

I suspect it is a matter of emails being way down the priority list for most garages. If ringing up (or going in, since it's ten minutes away) is an option, I'd try that.

I personally don't even bother with emails for requesting work done etc with any business i deal with.  If it's just for general questions etc is anyone surprised when emails go unanswered.  These are independent garages,  they don't have staff on the phones/online like main dealers do. If you go there and they take the time to chat to you and you get a look around their facilties then be happy with that.

My car's last major was done at poschacare and from what i can see they have done a superb job. I wouldn't hesitate to use them again but unfortunately they are too far away. 

On 29/12/2021 at 00:40, and.rs1800 said:

If you’re only 10mins away pop in and have a chat with Matt - please let him know it was Jason (white 987S) that recommended him to you via the Cayman OC). 

i concur with the points above - responding to lord knows how many ‘general enquiry’ email per day probably just slips to the bottom of the to do pile. 

whereas if you go in I’m sure Matt will take the time to chat with you to understand what you’re cars needs are. I’d advise calling him first to set a day & time to call in. 

let us know your thoughts after you’ve met him 👍🏻

5 hours ago, Windymiller said:

If you’re only 10mins away pop in and have a chat with Matt - please let him know it was Jason (white 987S) that recommended him to you via the Cayman OC). 

i concur with the points above - responding to lord knows how many ‘general enquiry’ email per day probably just slips to the bottom of the to do pile. 

whereas if you go in I’m sure Matt will take the time to chat with you to understand what you’re cars needs are. I’d advise calling him first to set a day & time to call in. 

let us know your thoughts after you’ve met him 👍🏻

Yes I’m sure you’re right-good points well made👍